Precise Point Positioning
- A GNSS augmentation to increase positional accuracy to cm-dm-level through measurement processing.
- Development of high-performance multi-constellation, multi-frequency professional-grade GNSS hardware processing to achieve real-time, near-instantaneous cm-level positioning.
- Application of high-performance algorithms and processing to mass-market GNSS hardware and applications.
- GNSS-centric solutions to increase PNT performance: accuracy, precision, availability, integrity and resilience.
- Application of high-performance algorithms - software solutions, to enhance performance of low-cost sensors.
- Examples include GNSS + PPP augmentation + IMU, and GNSS + PPP augmentation + chip-scale atomic clock (CSAC).
- The application of this research is targeted towards challenging environments with consumer-grade sensors for automation applications.
- Design and development of software-defined radio (SDR) GNSS signal acquisition and tracking algorithms for teaching and research purposes.
- Research in weak GNSS signal acquisition and efficient signal tracking algorithms.
- Application of SDR algorithms on Field-Programmable, Gate Arrays (FPGAs) for high-speed, real-time, reconfigurable applications.
- GNSS-reflectometry (GNSS-R) makes use of GNSS signal returns from the Earth’s surface to estimate geophysical parameters, such as sea surface wind speed/direction.
- Research in the use of GNSS-R for land surface soil moisture estimation.
Our research has been sponsored by: